Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today – Thomas Jefferson
As we approach the ACCA exams for the March 2017 sitting the inner chatter is attempting to take over, I won’t be ready, best leave this exam for the June session, missing one exam sitting won’t make a difference and other comments to which I am sure, if we spoke to our friends, the way we speak to ourselves at times, we would have no friends.
A quick 3 Step formulae as outlined by one of the best personal development coaches in my country stated the following:
• Do less, the famous 80/20 rule, 20% of our efforts in any particular endeavour is responsible for 80% of our deliverables, for us, an ACCA student, what does that mean practically? it means now, 3 weeks to the exams, our exams are our priority. Delegate what you can do family members and friends in order to lighten the burden on you, to focus on your studies.
• Be present, when Warren Buffet and Bill Gates were asked about their number one strategy for achieving all that they have, their answer was the same, FOCUS! FOCUS, BE PRESENT IN THE MOMENT.
• Disconnect, we live in an age of continuous distraction, it’s virtually impossible to be checking Facebook, twitter feeds whilst attempting to be focused on our revision. Switch off all electrical equipment and focus on the task at hand.
Many of you will be stressing at this point, all I will say to you is JUST START! There is a GREAT power in just starting, the time will never be right
• Schedule your revision time and stick to it, “the things that get scheduled are the things that get done”
• Wake up an hour earlier, get in that one hour of study while the world still sleeps, thats one hour over 3 weeks can add to over 20 hours of additional revision
• If you can cram in 30 mins reading time during your lunch break
• Do focus on the task at hand, do disconnect
A Spartan saying goes as follows: “The one who sweats more in practice bleeds less at war”
Let us ALL pull together for the final push of the year, lets cram in our study sessions, lets sweat a little more over the next 3 weeks, it will be all worth it come exam time.
Please know that you are NEVER alone, we have our exceptional ACCA Community that is a wealth of knowledge and support.
ACCA Community Champion
exactly what I needed :-)
Thanks for the motivation
great stuff man, needed to see this.
Thank you so much
I really needed this thank you.
Please know that you are NEVER alone, we have our exceptional ACCA Community that is a wealth of knowledge and support
Great one thanks!