The ACCA Learning Community
Home
454 online now

time management

0 Votes
time management

Hello every one, can anyone advise in regard to time management in exam, because in jun exam i had only time to attempt 70% of total question and respond, while i knew the rest of 30% answer but as long as the multiple choice questions took my most of time i could not attempt the rest of questions and failed in two paper. please tel me what to do in next exam?

August 2nd 2015 AN ACCA USER 330 Points

5 Replies

+1 Vote

answer MCQ in reading and planning time
answer writing part after complete mcq
spend 1.6 minute for 1 marks

August 12th 2015 AN ACCA USER 4,700 Points
0 Votes

In the 15 mins reading time ignore the MCQ's, but go direct to the highest marking questions. Read the requirements and plan your answers. You can make notes on the question paper n use your calculator. Decide which question you will first, putting them in order of favourite first and then least facourite last.
Stick to the time allocation of 1.8 minutes per 1 mark and then you must move on.
Then move on to your MCQ's. Answer those you know instantly first and then go back through the others. For those you know you have absolutely no idea on, do not waste time staring at it, just guess! At least then you have a 1 in 4 chance of being right :)
Hope this helps?

August 2nd 2015 AN ACCA USER 1,720 Points
0 Votes

I have a different opinion from my fellow Student.
In my exam, I utilized my reading time in solving the MCQ's, And within the 30 mins after the exam started i finished all of my MCQ and it gave me 2.5 Minutes per marks , because of which i attempted whole of my paper and cleared both my F6 and F7 exam.
DO not Stuck on any MCQ. If you really want to complete your paper without getting tensed , firstly do all the MCQ you can finish as soon as you start it , So you'll get a headup on time.
Later in the exam you may attempt rest of your MCQ's
Hope this helps.

August 3rd 2015 AN ACCA USER 14,370 Points
0 Votes
thank you Mr. Troy and Rahul Sharma. it is valuable help for me.
August 4th 2015 AN ACCA USER 330 Points
0 Votes
welcome Mr sidiqui
August 4th 2015 AN ACCA USER 14,370 Points
...